Saturday, January 9, 2016

DON’T INCREASE YOUR WANTS AND FEEL LIKE A BEGGAR; RATHER DECREASE YOUR WANTS AND FEEL LIKE A KING -5

     

      Some time, all of the sudden, the horse stopped and, despite prodding, would not budge even an inch. When he got down to see what was wrong, he noticed that the horse was actually a mare. She had been pregnant and had just given birth to baby horse. And due to her natural maternal affection for her offspring, she was not ready to leave it.



       Perplexed, the sadhu wondered how he could make the horse move. Suddenly, an idea stuck him and he picked up the baby horse and started walking. Being attached to her offspring, the mare quietly followed him. The sadhu was very pleased with himself, “just see how clever I am! I have tricked the horse into walking.”


       But just a few steps he started panting due to the weight of the foal. He then started thinking, “Hey! Wait a minute! I wanted a horse to carry me, but I have ended up carrying horse! I was much better off earlier; at least I did not have burden to carry.”In this way we sometimes increase our facilities in order to enjoy life but later we see that facilities become sources of trouble; we become slaves of those facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment