Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The causes of suffering II


     In the Bagavad gita(16.7-20)    the supreme lord has exhaustively described the nature of such atheistic demons.




    Those who are demoniac do not know what is to be done and what is not to be done. Neither cleanliness nor proper behavior nor truth is found in them. They say that this world is unreal, with no foundation, no god in control. They say it is the producer of sex desire and has no cause other than lust. Following such conclusion, the demoniac, who are lost to themselves and who have no intelligence, engage in unbeneficial, horrible works meant to destroy the world. Taking shelter of insatiable lust and absorbed in the conceit of pride and false prestige, the demoniac, thus illusion, are always sworn to unclean work, attracted by the impermanent.


      They believe that to gratify the senses is the prime necessity of human civilization. Thus until the end of  life their anxiety is immeasurable. Bounded by a network of hundreds and thousands of desires and absorbed in lust and anger, they secure money by illegal means for sense gratification. The demoniac person thinks, ‘so much wealth do I have today, and I will gain more according to my schemes. So much mine now, and it will increase in the future, more and more. He is my enemy, and I have killed him, and my other enemies will also be killed. I am the lord of everything. I am the enjoyer

No comments:

Post a Comment